Texas ASC Society Comments on New Reporting Requirements
Representatives from the Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society recently met with the Texas Sunset Advisory Commission staff to discuss data reporting legislation.
The Texas ASC Society finds the Texas Health Care Information Council data reporting places an unnecessary burden on ASCs because the data is not constructively used by the state. The Commission is evaluating THCIC.
Findings and recommendations will be presented to the Texas legislature during the next legislative session. The Sunset Commission is holding public hearings in June and the Texas ASC Society will be there representing surgery centers.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Northstar Healthcare Q1 Financial Results: 5 Key Takeaways
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
Could ASCs Lose Their Competitive Pricing Advantage?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
6 tips for improving bedside manner, patient experienceRead Now
- MEDNAX acquires Surgical Directions
- 35 summer reading picks for surgeons
- Becker's Healthcare announces ambulatory surgery center educational program
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief information officer strategy roundtable
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief executive officer strategy roundtable