Preparing for a Merger or Acquisition: 5 Strategies for ASCs
Facing a healthcare landscape with lowered reimbursements and increasing regulatory burden, ambulatory surgery centers are seriously considering a merger or acquisition offer with a hospital, management company or independent practice association, according to an abeo blog post.
Here are five strategies ASCs considering this step can take to prepare:
1. Know the market position of the surgery center.
2. Develop goals to help determine how much of the center the owners are willing to sell.
3. Increase valuation and reduce risk of the center.
4. Maximize physician pool.
5. Seek multiple proposals.
More Articles on abeo:Maintaining Financial Health at an ASC: 5 Ways
Avoiding HIPAA Violations: 6 Precautions to Take
Improving Customer Relations: 4 Tips for ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
8 Practice Proactivity PrinciplesRead Now
- GI societies call for GI representation in ABIM MOC process: 4 concerns
- Endoscopy device market to reach $36.9B in 2019
- Study, only 16% of physicians ready to accept financial risk in value-based payment model
- 15 statistics on the top unexpected denials
- 8 articles for ASC operations & revenue cycle management