Preparing for a Merger or Acquisition: 5 Strategies for ASCs
Facing a healthcare landscape with lowered reimbursements and increasing regulatory burden, ambulatory surgery centers are seriously considering a merger or acquisition offer with a hospital, management company or independent practice association, according to an abeo blog post.
Here are five strategies ASCs considering this step can take to prepare:
1. Know the market position of the surgery center.
2. Develop goals to help determine how much of the center the owners are willing to sell.
3. Increase valuation and reduce risk of the center.
4. Maximize physician pool.
5. Seek multiple proposals.
More Articles on abeo:Maintaining Financial Health at an ASC: 5 Ways
Avoiding HIPAA Violations: 6 Precautions to Take
Improving Customer Relations: 4 Tips for ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Patient identification complexity & why the industry is still trying to get it right: 5 considerations
- The Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders installs Mazor system in ambulatory outpatient setting: 4 things to know
- 5 financial thoughts for mid-career physicians
- ASA, ePreop partner on quality reporting software: 5 notes
- RIVANNA partners with Vertec Scientific to market new anesthesia device: 3 notes