Predictions on CMS Physician Payment Data Release
According to ProPublica senior reporter Charles Ornstein, there are some clues as to how the federal government's data dump on physicians' Medicare payments may pan out.
Mr. Ornstein and his colleagues at ProPublica developed the Prescriber Checkup, which lets consumers look up their physicians to see how their prescription behaviors compare to others in the same specialty and state. The application took intensive analysis of Medicare's drug program data — more than 70 million rows of data on the drugs prescribed by 1.6 million providers in 2011 alone, according to the article.
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Florence Hospital Selects EmCare for ED ManagementRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers