Pierce Street Same Day Surgery's Dr. Joe Morris Featured for Exparel Use
An article in the Sioux City Journal recently featured Joe Morris, MD, a general surgeon at Piece Street Same Day Surgery in Sioux City, Iowa, discussing the use of Exparel pain medication.
Around 20 patients at the surgery center have received the local anesthetic to treat intense surgical pain for up to 72 hours, according to the report. The formula combines Marcaine with a lipid fat formula so the anesthetic is released into the tissue over a longer period of time.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Statistics on ASC Management & Development Company Equity Preferences
ASC Schedules, Staffing & Supply Costs: Strategies to Eliminate Inefficiencies From ASCOA CEO Luke Lambert
Planning for the New Year: 3 Big Trends for ASC Leaders to Watch in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
15 CPT & Coding Issues for Orthopedics & SpineRead Now
- 5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From Amendia
- 7 Things to Know About Collect Rx
- Guy A. Medaglia, Cynthia Moore-Hardy, and Sharon O'Keefe to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 15 CPT & Coding Issues for Orthopedics & Spine
- 4 Key Questions for Identifying Potential Future Leaders at Your Organization