Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
Medscape has published a list of 2014 deadlines that providers need to know and prepare for.
Here is the timeline for the deadlines:
1. Jan. 1
• Stage 2 of CMS's meaningful use incentive program begins for eligible providers who treat Medicare and Medicaid patients.
• Twenty-two states and the District of Columbia plan to expand access to Medicaid.
2. Feb. 28
• The reporting deadline to qualify for the Physician Quality Reporting System bonus for physicians who submit performance data through Medicare claims or their electronic health record system.
3. March 31
• The deadline by which every American, who does not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, must purchase insurance.
4. Oct. 1
• The deadline for ICD-10 coding system compliance.
More Articles on Practice Management:United Healthcare Drops Thousands of Physicians From Medicare Advantage
9 Team-Building Exercises for Medical Practices
10 Pain Management Tips for Physicians From a Lawyer
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital MeetingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers