Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
Medscape has published a list of 2014 deadlines that providers need to know and prepare for.
Here is the timeline for the deadlines:
1. Jan. 1
• Stage 2 of CMS's meaningful use incentive program begins for eligible providers who treat Medicare and Medicaid patients.
• Twenty-two states and the District of Columbia plan to expand access to Medicaid.
2. Feb. 28
• The reporting deadline to qualify for the Physician Quality Reporting System bonus for physicians who submit performance data through Medicare claims or their electronic health record system.
3. March 31
• The deadline by which every American, who does not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, must purchase insurance.
4. Oct. 1
• The deadline for ICD-10 coding system compliance.
More Articles on Practice Management:United Healthcare Drops Thousands of Physicians From Medicare Advantage
9 Team-Building Exercises for Medical Practices
10 Pain Management Tips for Physicians From a Lawyer
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Cost Benefit of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Collect From Patients: Best Practice for Sending Statements
- Bank of America Donates to Fight Childhood Obestity
- 10 Qualities of Successful Leaders
- Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Blocks May Improve Quality of Recovery After Breast Surgery, Study Finds