Orthopedic Coding in ASCs - An Audio Conference
DATE: Wednesday, June 11, 2008LENGTH: 90 minutes
CREDITS: 1.5 CEUs
ASC coding expert Stephanie Ellis of Ellis Medical Consulting will discuss orthopedic coding challenges in ASCs, and will help you to capture the reimbursement your center earns and deserves. If your ASC performs orthopedic surgery or will do so in the near future, you will not want to miss this seminar.
Stephanie will highlight:
- New challenges presented by Final Rule additions and revisions of procedures to the Medicare list of ASC-approved procedures
- Common coding errors with current procedures, such as chondroplasties performed with other knee procedures and subacromial decompressions performed with open rotator cuff repair
- Challenges with coding implants
- Modifier misuse
- And much, much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
ASC Coders ASC Administrators
YOU WILL HEAR FROM:
Stephanie Ellis, the president of Ellis Medical Consulting, Inc. since 1992. Ellis Medical Consulting, Inc. is a healthcare consulting firm providing chart audits for coding and documentation issues, business office operational assessments, research of coverage issues, fee and coding revisions, litigation support, reimbursement research, coding/billing training, and the development and implementation of billing compliance programs for healthcare providers. Ms. Ellis has worked with most specialties, assisting ASCs, physician practices, acute care hospitals, surgical hospitals, IDTFs, and outpatient clinics around the country in her consulting work.
ORDER A CD:
If you missed this program, you can still purchase a CD of the entire show. To do so, click the button below to order through our online system.
Note: This presentation includes almost 70 pages' worth of tips, guidance, definitions and analysis. For a preview of 10 of these pages, download a PDF here.
This program has prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders or 1.5 Continuing Education Units. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the cademy of the program, content or the program sponsor.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 things to know about the future of healthcareRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career