Oregon Surgery Center Hosts Senator Jeff Merkley
The Eye Health Eastside Surgery Center in Clackamas, Ore., recently hosted Senator Jeff Merkley, according to a Portland Tribune report.
Director of the ASC Cherie Shevlin, RN, guided Sen. Merkley around the center, which was founded 10 years ago. There are 12 physicians investors who perform cases there, and 16 physicians total. Sen. Merkley’s wife is a registered nurse at the facility.
Sen. Merkley is a co-sponsor of the ASC Quality and Access Act of 2013.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets
- NeuroSpine Institute of Orlando’s Global Microsurgical Center of Orlando receives accreditation: 5 key notes
- Australia awards 1st patent for MRSA detection technology: 5 key points