Oregon Surgery Center Hosts Senator Jeff Merkley
The Eye Health Eastside Surgery Center in Clackamas, Ore., recently hosted Senator Jeff Merkley, according to a Portland Tribune report.
Director of the ASC Cherie Shevlin, RN, guided Sen. Merkley around the center, which was founded 10 years ago. There are 12 physicians investors who perform cases there, and 16 physicians total. Sen. Merkley’s wife is a registered nurse at the facility.
Sen. Merkley is a co-sponsor of the ASC Quality and Access Act of 2013.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Florence Hospital Selects EmCare for ED ManagementRead Now
- Creditron, MediStreams Partner for Small Practice Patient Payment Processing System
- 3 Key Takeaways on Healthcare Billing From TransUnion Survey
- 10 Things to Know About Orthopedics
- 7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting