Oregon Surgery Center Hosts Senator Jeff Merkley
The Eye Health Eastside Surgery Center in Clackamas, Ore., recently hosted Senator Jeff Merkley, according to a Portland Tribune report.
Director of the ASC Cherie Shevlin, RN, guided Sen. Merkley around the center, which was founded 10 years ago. There are 12 physicians investors who perform cases there, and 16 physicians total. Sen. Merkley’s wife is a registered nurse at the facility.
Sen. Merkley is a co-sponsor of the ASC Quality and Access Act of 2013.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
7 common medical billing industry competenciesRead Now
- 4 Foundational Components to Determine ASC Start-up Success
- Inc. magazine names PriorityOne Group among fastest-growing private companies
- A world without colonoscopy? 9 gastroenterologists weigh in on the future of GI's top procedure
- Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center adds Dr. Mark Suojanen
- Gel stops bleeding in 10 seconds in trials