Office Park Eye Center Offers Free Cataract Surgery Through Mission Cataract USA
Office Park Eye Center, a surgery center in Jacksonville, N.C., is providing free cataract surgeries on June 9 to those who qualify, in conjunction with Mission Cataract USA, according to a Jacksonville Daily News report.
Carol Johnston, MD, and Heith Ergas, MD, have volunteered to perform the surgeries. In order to be eligible, patients must have an annual income of less than 200 percent of the current poverty level and have a cataract bad enough to warrant surgery.
Mission Cataract USA is a non-profit organization that offers free cataract surgery to people across the country who cannot afford it.
Related Articles on Ophthalmology:
Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island Acquires Mineola Ophthalmology Associates
North Carolina's Watauga Eye Surgery Center Merges With Graystone Eye
Buffalo Surgery Center Files Certificate of Need to Add Ophthalmology
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition