Observations on ASC Industry Growth From Nueterra Healthcare's Cassandra Speier
Cassandra Speier, senior vice president of operations for Nueterra Healthcare, recently posted on the company's blog her thoughts on why ambulatory surgery centers are in a great position to flourish today.
Ms. Speier mentions industry changes, including the shifts from inpatient to outpatient procedures and from volume to value-based care. Additionally, as higher acuity cases move to the outpatient setting, ASC case mix and procedures are changing. Proactive consumers are also realizing the benefits of ASCs and choosing them for their care.
"Although we don't expect to see a boom in new ASC facilities (thanks to the elevated growth rate over the last several years), we do expect to see ongoing growth within existing centers," she wrote.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
7 Financial Warning Signs: How to Know if Your ASC is in Trouble
Prepared for Success: 5 Characteristics of Progressive ASCs
10 Things That Make ASC Board Meetings Inefficient
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — May 21, 2015Read Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today