New Legislation Introduced to Protect Sports Medicine Physicians Across State Lines
Two U.S. Senators recently introduced a bill that would provide licensure clarity for sports medicine professionals, according to an American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons news release.
AAOS supports the bill, which provides protection for sports medicine professionals offering medical services to athletes in a secondary state. The physicians would have access to their medical liability coverage when traveling across state lines with athletic teams.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
Coastal Orthopedics in South Carolina Celebrates 30th Anniversary
Dr. Francis DeLuca to Serve on New Jersey's State Board of Medical Examiners
7 Orthopedic Surgeons Treating Professional Athletes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test