New Bill Would Require Physicians to Use Clinical Decision Support
A bill recently introduced into the House of Representatives would require physicians to consult electronic clinical decision support resources before ordering diagnostic imaging tests for Medicare patients.
Introduced by Rep. Eric Paulsen (R-Minn.) and Jim Matheson (D-Utah), the Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging Utilization Act would both direct HHS to establish appropriateness requirements for advanced imaging based on medical societies' evidence-based recommendations and mandate physicians consult these guidelines through clinical decision support technology before ordering imaging tests.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
David F. Ertel, Joseph J. Guarracino, and Scott Hawig to Present at Becker's Hospital MeetingRead Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software