New Bill Would Require Physicians to Use Clinical Decision Support
A bill recently introduced into the House of Representatives would require physicians to consult electronic clinical decision support resources before ordering diagnostic imaging tests for Medicare patients.
Introduced by Rep. Eric Paulsen (R-Minn.) and Jim Matheson (D-Utah), the Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging Utilization Act would both direct HHS to establish appropriateness requirements for advanced imaging based on medical societies' evidence-based recommendations and mandate physicians consult these guidelines through clinical decision support technology before ordering imaging tests.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm SpineRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers