Nearly 3.3M People Enrolled in Health Insurance Exchanges
According to HHS by Feb. 1, nearly 3.3 million people had enrolled in health plans through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's health insurance exchanges.
That includes 1.4 million people who selected coverage through the state-based marketplaces and 1.9 million who used the federally facilitated marketplace. Despite a bumpy rollout for the federal exchange site, HealthCare.gov, HHS reports enrollment has grown notably since open enrollment began this past October, with January showing a 53 percent increase in overall enrollment compared with the prior three month reporting period.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Florence Hospital Selects EmCare for ED ManagementRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers