Nearly 3.3M People Enrolled in Health Insurance Exchanges
According to HHS by Feb. 1, nearly 3.3 million people had enrolled in health plans through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's health insurance exchanges.
That includes 1.4 million people who selected coverage through the state-based marketplaces and 1.9 million who used the federally facilitated marketplace. Despite a bumpy rollout for the federal exchange site, HealthCare.gov, HHS reports enrollment has grown notably since open enrollment began this past October, with January showing a 53 percent increase in overall enrollment compared with the prior three month reporting period.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies