Most Involved Healthcare Reform States: 10 to Know
Implementation of the PPACA has varied across states, according to a Commonwealth Fund report. The District of Columbia and 26 states have chosen to expand their Medicaid programs to people earning as much as 138 percent of the federal poverty level this year, while Indiana and Pennsylvania are looking into expansion after 2014.
Nearly all of the states will require or encourage compliance with health insurance market reforms, and every state will have an exchange (although some have chosen to let the federal government run their marketplaces). According to the Commonwealth Fund, these 10 states have done the most to implement the reform law. They have set up their own exchanges, expanded Medicaid and enacted all or nearly all of the insurance market reforms.
8. New York
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital MeetingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers