MedPAC Report Recommends Site-Neutral Medicare Payments, SGR Repeal
In its annual report to Congress, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has recommended a 3.25 percent payment rate increase for the acute-care hospital outpatient and inpatient payment systems.
Under current law, MedPAC projects a statutory payment update of 2.2 percent for fiscal year 2015 — taking into account the expected increase in the hospital operating market basket index, minus an adjustment for the 10-year average productivity growth forecast and a -0.2 percent budgetary adjustment.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Mayo vs. Cleveland Clinic: Which Affiliate Network Reigns?Read Now
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis
- 11 Gastroenterologists Making the News
- 4 Organizations Providing Malignant Hyperthermia Resources
- NY Eye Center Performs First Vitreo-Retinal Surgery
- Dr. Kyle Smith Joins Hoops Family Children's Hospital