MedPAC Considers Pay Changes for 2015
According to an AHA News report, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission considered draft recommendations to Congress yesterday concerning inpatient, outpatient and long-term care hospital payments in 2015.
The recommendations would reduce or eliminate payment differences between hospital outpatient departments and physician offices for certain procedures and increase hospital inpatient and outpatient prospective payment rates by 3.2 percent in 2015, according to the report. Currently, Medicare reimburses hospital outpatient departments 80 percent more than freestanding physician clinics for routine evaluation and management office visits.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies