Medicare Shared Savings Results: 2012 ACOs
Of the 114 accountable care organizations that joined the Medicare Shared Savings Program in 2012, just 54 saved money in their first 12 months.
Overall, the program's 2012 ACOs generated a total of $128 million in net savings for the Medicare Trust Fund. The savings are "within the range originally projected for the program's first year," according to CMS, even though more than half of the participants did not meet their savings benchmarks.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs MakeRead Now
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement
- University of Rochester Medicine to Open ASC in August
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education Center