Massachusetts Ave. Surgery Center Awaits 23-Hour Approval
Bethesda, Md.-based Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center is still awaiting state approval for 23-hour stays, though the center announced its intentions in January.
The center had planned to begin extended stays in March, but it is awaiting final approval from Maryland's Office of Healthcare Quality, according to a report from Outpatient Surgery.
If approved, the center will begin to perform more complex cases that it expects to increase case volumes, according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — May 21, 2015Read Now
- Dr. Daniel Lieberman now sees patients at Phoenix Spine Surgery Center in Goodyear — 5 key notes
- Nap Gary's impact on the ASC industry — His legacy from those he influenced
- AmSurg, SCA, HCA & more: 5 key ASC company stock reports — May 28, 2015
- Most common ASC errors in Oregon — 5 key notes
- Cardinal Health to add ambulatory center products after J&J purchase: 4 key notes