Massachusetts Ave. Surgery Center Awaits 23-Hour Approval
Bethesda, Md.-based Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center is still awaiting state approval for 23-hour stays, though the center announced its intentions in January.
The center had planned to begin extended stays in March, but it is awaiting final approval from Maryland's Office of Healthcare Quality, according to a report from Outpatient Surgery.
If approved, the center will begin to perform more complex cases that it expects to increase case volumes, according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
6 key points on healthcare spending trendsRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career