Massachusetts Ave. Surgery Center Awaits 23-Hour Approval
Bethesda, Md.-based Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center is still awaiting state approval for 23-hour stays, though the center announced its intentions in January.
The center had planned to begin extended stays in March, but it is awaiting final approval from Maryland's Office of Healthcare Quality, according to a report from Outpatient Surgery.
If approved, the center will begin to perform more complex cases that it expects to increase case volumes, according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Total joint replacement in ASCs: 10 years & counting for Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center — 5 things to know
- 10 largest ASC chains in the US
- Panel favors AmSurg in non-compete controversy with physicians: 5 things to know
- AAAASF grants accreditation to Salmon Creek Plastic Surgery: 4 key notes
- eSutures moves to new headquarters in Mokena, IL: 5 key notes