Massachusetts Ave. Surgery Center Awaits 23-Hour Approval
Bethesda, Md.-based Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center is still awaiting state approval for 23-hour stays, though the center announced its intentions in January.
The center had planned to begin extended stays in March, but it is awaiting final approval from Maryland's Office of Healthcare Quality, according to a report from Outpatient Surgery.
If approved, the center will begin to perform more complex cases that it expects to increase case volumes, according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgical Care Affiliates added to S&P SmallCap 600: 3 notes
- PSH learning collaborative reports positive outcomes after phase 1: 6 things to know
- The state of IPAs: The answer to the ACA or prolonging the march to employment?
- American Epilepsy Society provides updated guideline to help physicians treat patients — 5 facts
- Patients face higher mortality risk if nurses care for 7+ patients: 3 takeaways