Idaho Surgery Center Nurse Volunteers in Africa
Idaho Surgery Center nurse Andrea Fitzgerald recently completed a medical volunteer trip to the Congo, according to a report in the Idaho Press-Tribune.
Ms. Fitzgerald spent a month volunteering medical services aboard the Africa Mercy, a large non-governmental hospital ship. Dental, eye, reconstructive surgeries and other procedures take place aboard the ship, according to the report.
She hopes to make the trip again next year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Could ASCs Lose Their Competitive Pricing Advantage
11 Things to Know About ASCs—2014
4 Threats to ASC Case Volume Growth
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
9 statistics on medical supply & device price variationRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why