How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
According to the 2013 Deloitte Survey of U.S. Physicians, physicians working in accountable care organizations and those who are not differ in their opinions on capitation, bundled payments and Medicaid reimbursements.
Responses are based on 613 surveys completed by a nationally representative sample of the U.S. physician population.
• Physicians in ACOs (57 percent) are more likely to believe capitation will replace fee-for-service payments in the next one to three years than providers who aren't working in ACOs (44 percent).
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCsRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA