How Disruptive Change is Blurring the Lines Between Providers and Payers
Not long ago I would roll my eyes whenever a futurist or consultant would say healthcare was undergoing the greatest period of change in its history. It seemed like people were always talking like that. Now, this has truly come to pass.
We are seeing a challenge to the business models we have come to know and love for all these years. The stand-alone hospital, the solo doctor, fee-for-service medicine, bad customer service, ignorance of evidence-based medicine, apathy about medical errors — all of that is headed for extinction, and fast.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare AppraisersRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers