HIE Use in 2014: Big Trends to Watch
The entire healthcare industry is rushing to prepare for several significant changes, including an influx of insured patients under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and increasing financial pressures to expand care coordination efforts.
Many of the changes in the healthcare industry will lead to more hospitals and health systems investing in and using health information exchange networks. Joe Casper, CEO of the physician-led health IT company Sandlot Solutions, has identified four major trends that will have a significant impact on the use of HIEs in 2014.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Florence Hospital Selects EmCare for ED ManagementRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers