Healthcare Spending & Price Growth: Key Studies
According to a report from the Altarum Institute's Center for Sustainable Health Spending, national healthcare spending grew at an annual rate of 4 percent during the first 11 months of 2013, just above the revised all-time low rate of 3.6 percent for 2011.
Depending on the data for December, 2013 could be the fifth consecutive year of healthcare spending growth lower than 4 percent, according to the report. Healthcare price growth was also notably slow last year. In December, healthcare prices grew 1.1 percent year-over-year, barely above the all-time low of 1 percent recorded in October 2013.
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From AmendiaRead Now
- Dotty Bollinger of Laser Spine Institute to Present at Becker's June Conference
- 5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From Amendia
- 7 Things to Know About Collect Rx
- Guy A. Medaglia, Cynthia Moore-Hardy, and Sharon O'Keefe to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 15 CPT & Coding Issues for Orthopedics & Spine