Healthcare Reform: More Than 1 Million People Enroll
More than 975,000 enrolled through the federal exchange site, HealthCare.gov, in December alone, according to CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner.
Last week, the site experienced a surge of more than 850,000 visits after the Obama administration enacted a 24-hour extension — from midnight on Monday to Tuesday — of the deadline for people to sign up for coverage effective Jan. 1.
HHS reported nearly 365,000 individuals selected health plans through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act marketplaces by the end of November, including 227,478 people who selected a plan through the state-based health insurance exchanges and 137,204 individuals who chose plans through the federal exchange.
More Articles on HealthCare.gov:
Obama Administration Extends Exchange Enrollment by 24 Hours
Republicans Suggest Repealing PPACA if Exchanges Miss Enrollment Target
HHS: Former Microsoft Executive to Take Over HealthCare.gov
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Kaye/Bassman Foundation raises $120k at charitable eventRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation