Healthcare Reform: More Than 1 Million People Enroll
More than 975,000 enrolled through the federal exchange site, HealthCare.gov, in December alone, according to CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner.
Last week, the site experienced a surge of more than 850,000 visits after the Obama administration enacted a 24-hour extension — from midnight on Monday to Tuesday — of the deadline for people to sign up for coverage effective Jan. 1.
HHS reported nearly 365,000 individuals selected health plans through the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act marketplaces by the end of November, including 227,478 people who selected a plan through the state-based health insurance exchanges and 137,204 individuals who chose plans through the federal exchange.
More Articles on HealthCare.gov:
Obama Administration Extends Exchange Enrollment by 24 Hours
Republicans Suggest Repealing PPACA if Exchanges Miss Enrollment Target
HHS: Former Microsoft Executive to Take Over HealthCare.gov
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month: Q&A With ACG President Dr. Harry Sarles
- February 2014 Issue of Becker's ASC Review
- What it Takes to Be a Thriving Orthopedic & Spine Practice in the Coming Years
- Dr. Tejal Raju Joins Virginia Interventional Pain and Spine Center
- ACOs, Population Health, Affiliation Among Topics for Becker's Hospital Meeting