Healthcare Personnel Vaccination Reporting Enrollment Open for ASC-8
The Center for Disease Control's Operational Guidance for ASCs was recently released, according to an ASCA report.
The guidance covers the collection and reporting for ASC-8, Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Health Care Personnel, which is part of the Medicare ASC Quality Reporting Program.
According to the CDC website, there is a five-step enrollment process for ambulatory surgery center facilities that includes:
• Training and preparation — check trusted websites and spam blockers
• Registration — agree with National Healthcare Safety Network Rules of Behavior and register your facility with NHSN
• Review and Accept SAMS Rules of Behavior and register with SAMS; complete and submit identify proofing documentation
• NHSN enrollment — ASCs enroll only to report HCP influenza vaccination summary data to CMS
• Sign and send consent
CMS ASCs will be required to report healthcare personnel vaccination summary data through NHSN with the 2014 to 2015 influenza season.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC Growth & Evolution in the New Healthcare Environment
ASC Payer Contract Negotiations: Key Concepts for Best Results
4 ASCs Performing Rare Orthopedic Procedures
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs MakeRead Now
- 8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know
- 20 Statistics on ASC vs. HOPD Medicare Patient Characteristics
- Transaction Tip of the Day: When is the Right Time to Sell?
- Drs. Harjit Bhogal, Arushi deFonseka Join Capital Digestive Care
- Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates Partner With Baptist Health System