Genesis Surgery Center's Dr. Dan Hunt Becomes Corporate Medical Director for Accident Fund
Dan L. Hunt, MD, the board president of Genesis Surgery Center in Lansing, Mich., was recently appointed the corporate medical director for Accident Fund Holdings, a worker's compensation insurance company, according to an Insurance Journal report.
In his new role, Dr. Hunt will "provide guidance and strategic direction on a wide range of medical management and cost containment initiatives, according to the report. He will also facilitate communication and relations with medical vendors and providers nationwide.
Dr. Hunt founded Greater Lansing Surgical Associates and previously served as chief of surgery at Ingham Regional Medical Center.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Accomplishments
ASC Financial Dashboard for Physician Owners
50 Things to Know About the Ambulatory Surgery Center Industry
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs MakeRead Now
- 13 Orthopedics-Driven ASCs That Are 10,000+ Square Feet
- Young Gastroenterologists: The Essential Skills to Thrive in Healthcare Today
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement