FDA Clears New ChoiceSpine System
ChoiceSpine received U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510(k) clearance for the BLACKBIRD Posterior Cervical Spinal System.
The system features 70 degree of non-biased polyaxial screw angulation and dovetail set screw design.
"The BLACKBIRD Posterior Cervical System is the first of seven systems we are launching in the next 12 months. This system is the result of a lot of hard work between our internal team, distributor partners, and physician partners. We are extremely excited about the BLACKBIRD Posterior Cervical Spinal System and the growth potential that our company receives from having this offering available to our distributors," said Anderson Collins, director of business development at ChoiceSpine, in a news release.
The system is currently available to a select group of physicians, but a full-market launch is slated for the fourth quarter of 2014.
More Articles on Devices:5 Key Results: LDR's Mobi-C Artificial Disc Replacement vs. ACDF
FDA Clears AccelSPINE's Next Generation Minimally Invasive Spine System
Global Medical Device Market to Grow at 6.2% Annually Until 2018
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights