Evergreen Eye Center Among Washington's First to Perform Bladeless Cataract Surgery
Evergreen Eye Center recently became one of the first centers in the state of Washington to perform blades cataract surgery, according to a report from King 5.
John Jarstad, MD, founder of Evergreen Eye Center, performed the procedure that replaces blades with lasers using the LenSx technology. The procedure is designed for patients who have astigmatism as well as cataracts. The center was founded in 1989 and includes six physicians.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Standalone ASCs Aren't Dead: 3 Reasons They'll Survive Healthcare Reform
ASC-Hospital Partnerships: Weighing the Pros & Cons
Build an Effective ASC Physician Recruitment Strategy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies