Evergreen Eye Center Among Washington's First to Perform Bladeless Cataract Surgery
Evergreen Eye Center recently became one of the first centers in the state of Washington to perform blades cataract surgery, according to a report from King 5.
John Jarstad, MD, founder of Evergreen Eye Center, performed the procedure that replaces blades with lasers using the LenSx technology. The procedure is designed for patients who have astigmatism as well as cataracts. The center was founded in 1989 and includes six physicians.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Standalone ASCs Aren't Dead: 3 Reasons They'll Survive Healthcare Reform
ASC-Hospital Partnerships: Weighing the Pros & Cons
Build an Effective ASC Physician Recruitment Strategy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
10 Facts & Figures on Eye Surgeon CompensationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers