Evergreen Eye Center Among Washington's First to Perform Bladeless Cataract Surgery
Evergreen Eye Center recently became one of the first centers in the state of Washington to perform blades cataract surgery, according to a report from King 5.
John Jarstad, MD, founder of Evergreen Eye Center, performed the procedure that replaces blades with lasers using the LenSx technology. The procedure is designed for patients who have astigmatism as well as cataracts. The center was founded in 1989 and includes six physicians.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Standalone ASCs Aren't Dead: 3 Reasons They'll Survive Healthcare Reform
ASC-Hospital Partnerships: Weighing the Pros & Cons
Build an Effective ASC Physician Recruitment Strategy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Cost Reduction and Benchmarking, 10 Steps to Immediately Improve ProfitsRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA