Dr. Bertrand Kaper Performs Total Hip Surgery on African Pastor at Prescott Outpatient Surgery Center
Bertrand Kaper, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Prescott (Ariz.) Outpatient Surgery Center, recently performed hip surgery on an African pastor who suffered for years after injuring his hip, according to a report from The Daily Courier.
Pastor Greyson Badatu from Tanzania traveled to Prescott for the surgery earlier this year after connecting with Dr. Kaper through other specialists on a medical missions trip. He underwent a direct anterior total hip replacement at the surgery center, where all of the services were donated.
Pastor Badatu will return to Africa in January 2014.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways
- Florida marks 1st state of local Zika mosquito transmission; 4 people infected — 5 things to know