Dr. Bertrand Kaper Performs Total Hip Surgery on African Pastor at Prescott Outpatient Surgery Center
Bertrand Kaper, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Prescott (Ariz.) Outpatient Surgery Center, recently performed hip surgery on an African pastor who suffered for years after injuring his hip, according to a report from The Daily Courier.
Pastor Greyson Badatu from Tanzania traveled to Prescott for the surgery earlier this year after connecting with Dr. Kaper through other specialists on a medical missions trip. He underwent a direct anterior total hip replacement at the surgery center, where all of the services were donated.
Pastor Badatu will return to Africa in January 2014.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in