Cost of Care Keeps 30% of Americans Away From Medical Treatment
Around 30 percent of adults in the U.S. say they or a member of their family have put off seeking medical treatment because of cost in the last year, according to a new Gallup poll.
The figure is up from 2002, when only 19 percent of adults said they or a family member had put off medical treatment due to its cost.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
10 Facts & Figures on Eye Surgeon CompensationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers