CMS to Disclose Individual Physician Pay Under Freedom of Information Act
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will disclose individual physician payments for requests under the Freedom of Information Act, according to a Medscape report.
Access will be given to people requesting individual physician data beginning in mid-March on a case-by-case basis. CMS will also expand its Physician Compare website this year to include quality-of-care information down to the individual group and provider level.
More Articles on Physicians:
Orthopedic Compensation by Work Setting: 8 Statistics
Dr. Keith Meister Performs Knee Surgery on Texas Ranger Derek Holland
AAOS Quality Institute Considers Future Progress
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm SpineRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers