Cigna vs. Bay Area Surgical Management Case Dismissed
In January, Cigna and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company filed a lawsuit against Bay Area Surgical Management, a San Francisco-based ambulatory surgery center provider.
The case has been dismissed without prejudice.
The law suit alleged that BASM fraudulently overbilled $66 million. BASM co-founders Julia Hashemieh, Bobby Sarnevesht and Javad Zolfaghari served as defendants.
BASM includes Bay Area Surgical Group, Forest Surgery Center, Los Altos Surgery Center, National Ambulatory Surgery Center, SOAR Surgery Center and Knowles Surgery Center.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup