California ASC ORs Grow 36% in 7 Years
The number of operating rooms in California ambulatory surgery centers increased 36 percent from 2003 to 2010, according to a LexisNexis report "Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Rapid Growth and Lack of Oversight in California."
The report shows that there were 1,180 operating rooms in California ASCs in 2003, which grew to 1,603 in 2010. The growth increased capacity for workers' compensation, Medicare, Medicaid and general health procedures.
Despite this growth, the state still had slightly fewer ASC operating rooms per 100,000 population than the national average in 2010.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Square Footage
Are There New ASC Physician Investors?
ASC Sector M&A Activity: Outlook for 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies