Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Receives Large Business of the Year Award After ASC Expansion
The Sharonville (Ohio) Chamber of Commerce recently honored Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, which includes an ambulatory surgery center, as the 2013 Large Business of the Year, according to a Cincinnati.com report.
The practice hired more than 50 new employees — including five new physicians — in 2013 and expanded it's outpatient surgery center. Summit Woods Out-Patient Surgery Center now includes two more operating rooms and two 23-hour patient suites. The ASC's expansion will be completed this year and all together will include a new pre-op area, procedure room, consultation rooms and family observation rooms, according to the report.
The practice also opened a new location last year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
Simplifying ASC Supply Chain: 4 Tips From Administrator Dominic Vendetta
Healthcare Reform: Impact on ASC Managed Care Contracting Next Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger OfficeRead Now
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis
- 11 Gastroenterologists Making the News
- 4 Organizations Providing Malignant Hyperthermia Resources
- NY Eye Center Performs First Vitreo-Retinal Surgery