Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Receives Large Business of the Year Award After ASC Expansion
The Sharonville (Ohio) Chamber of Commerce recently honored Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, which includes an ambulatory surgery center, as the 2013 Large Business of the Year, according to a Cincinnati.com report.
The practice hired more than 50 new employees — including five new physicians — in 2013 and expanded it's outpatient surgery center. Summit Woods Out-Patient Surgery Center now includes two more operating rooms and two 23-hour patient suites. The ASC's expansion will be completed this year and all together will include a new pre-op area, procedure room, consultation rooms and family observation rooms, according to the report.
The practice also opened a new location last year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
Simplifying ASC Supply Chain: 4 Tips From Administrator Dominic Vendetta
Healthcare Reform: Impact on ASC Managed Care Contracting Next Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Custom Implants & Outpatient Knee Surgery: Q&A With Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Joseph Burkhardt
- Is There Room for New ASCs in 2014?
- Top 5 Drivers of NP & PA Dissatisfaction
- 10 Tips for Effective Communication With Employees
- Westchester Medical Center Names Dr. Nitin Sekhri Medical Director of Pain Management