Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Receives Large Business of the Year Award After ASC Expansion
The Sharonville (Ohio) Chamber of Commerce recently honored Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, which includes an ambulatory surgery center, as the 2013 Large Business of the Year, according to a Cincinnati.com report.
The practice hired more than 50 new employees — including five new physicians — in 2013 and expanded it's outpatient surgery center. Summit Woods Out-Patient Surgery Center now includes two more operating rooms and two 23-hour patient suites. The ASC's expansion will be completed this year and all together will include a new pre-op area, procedure room, consultation rooms and family observation rooms, according to the report.
The practice also opened a new location last year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
Simplifying ASC Supply Chain: 4 Tips From Administrator Dominic Vendetta
Healthcare Reform: Impact on ASC Managed Care Contracting Next Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
8 Practice Proactivity PrinciplesRead Now
- Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center first ASC in Northwest to perform total hip replacement: 3 things to know
- Orlando Health, USPI partner in ownership of University Surgical Center
- Ophthalmologist Dr. Glenn Campbell to open single-specialty Virginia ASC
- Drs. Benjamin Basseri, Marc Makhani join California surgery center La Peer Health Systems
- Mauna Kea Technologies receives FDA 510(k) clearance for new Cellvizio system