Avoiding HIPAA Violations: 6 Precautions to Take
In an abeo blog post, Lori Steger discusses precautions medical practices can take to avoid common errors that could result in a violation of HIPAA.
Here are the six precautions:
1. Never send electronic patient health information without consent.
2. Never relax rules when communicating sensitive information over the Internet.
3. Patient health information should be sent encrypted and stored encrypted.
4. Training to minimize employee error.
5. Enforce HIPAA compliance with business associates.
6. Conduct a security risk assessment.
More Articles on Practice Management:Successful Small Businesses: 8 Words of Wisdom From Entrepreneurs
6 Recent Articles on Medical Practice Marketing Tips
5 Ways to Avoid Potential & Unexpected Medical Lawsuits
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.