Average Annual Salary for Orthopedic Surgeons by Region
Here are the average annual salaries for orthopedic surgeons by region, according to the 2008 Physician Compensation Survey conducted by the American Medical Group Association.
Overall average — $450,000
East — $382,561
West — $461,829
South — $358,801
North — $450,000
Starting average — $312,000
Source: American Medical Group Association 2008 Physician Compensation Survey.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
MEDNAX completes vRad acquisition: 4 things to knowRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today