Average Annual Salary for Orthopedic Surgeons by Region
Here are the average annual salaries for orthopedic surgeons by region, according to the 2008 Physician Compensation Survey conducted by the American Medical Group Association.
Overall average — $450,000
East — $382,561
West — $461,829
South — $358,801
North — $450,000
Starting average — $312,000
Source: American Medical Group Association 2008 Physician Compensation Survey.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners acquires Riverside Pain Physicians; Cantor Fitzgerald analyst claims AmSurg's latest merger leaves its ASC business' future hanging in the balance & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 6 best injection practices for your healthcare facility
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: June 20 — June 24
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hemant Roy of Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Paul Levy joins Mountain Medical Associates: 3 points