Average Annual Salary for Orthopedic Surgeons by Region
Here are the average annual salaries for orthopedic surgeons by region, according to the 2008 Physician Compensation Survey conducted by the American Medical Group Association.
Overall average — $450,000
East — $382,561
West — $461,829
South — $358,801
North — $450,000
Starting average — $312,000
Source: American Medical Group Association 2008 Physician Compensation Survey.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Can device company-ASC collaboration help offset the effects of declining reimbursements?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting