APIC Publishes Guide on Hemodialysis Infection Prevention
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology has published a Guide to the Elimination of Infections in Hemodialysis in an effort to establish universally accepted best practices for patient protection.
Infection is the second largest cause of death for hemodialysis patients, and hospitalization due to infection rose 34 percent between 1993 and 2006.
The Guide prevents actionable steps to reduce the risk of infection in patients, who are particularly vulnerable to healthcare-associated infections due to their weakened immune systems and the invasive nature of hemodialysis devices.
Read more about the Guide to the Elimination of Infections in Hemodialysis and other elimination guides.
Learn more about the Association for Professionals in Infection Control.
Read more recent news from APIC:
- APIC Launches MRSA Survey
- APIC Launches Infection Prevention Program Evaluation Tool
- APIC Announces Elaine Larson Lectureship Award Winner
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Kaye/Bassman Foundation raises $120k at charitable eventRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation