APIC Publishes Guide on Hemodialysis Infection Prevention
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology has published a Guide to the Elimination of Infections in Hemodialysis in an effort to establish universally accepted best practices for patient protection.
Infection is the second largest cause of death for hemodialysis patients, and hospitalization due to infection rose 34 percent between 1993 and 2006.
The Guide prevents actionable steps to reduce the risk of infection in patients, who are particularly vulnerable to healthcare-associated infections due to their weakened immune systems and the invasive nature of hemodialysis devices.
Read more about the Guide to the Elimination of Infections in Hemodialysis and other elimination guides.
Learn more about the Association for Professionals in Infection Control.
Read more recent news from APIC:
- APIC Launches MRSA Survey
- APIC Launches Infection Prevention Program Evaluation Tool
- APIC Announces Elaine Larson Lectureship Award Winner
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Roy Geronemus: Dr. Jessica J. Krant joins Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New YorkRead Now
- ASC accreditation leader to know: Dr. David Watts of AAAASF
- Johnson & Johnson seeks $7.2B in damages from Boston Scientific, AbbVie's HCV prescriptions up 55% & more –5 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Venture capitalists still excited about healthcare: 5 key notes on startups
- 7 of the top gainers in healthcare stocks
- Improving your leadership skills: 9 tips