An Overview of Federal Laws and Regulations Governing Ownership in and Reimbursement for ASCs
The establishment, marketing and operation of an ambulatory surgical center ("ASC") is subject to various federal and state laws. The laws concern the kickback, rebate or division of fees between physicians and non-physicians, the recept or offering of remuneration as an inducement to refer patients, false claims, and the manner in which prospective patients may be solicited.
To Read more, Download the low-resolution PDF
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 16 statistics on Medicare cases in ASCs resulting in subsequent hospital visits
- 90% of physicians report career satisfaction with career choice — 5 key points
- Trump administration proposes $1.2B NIH funding cut: 5 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. Iryna Hepburn of WellSpan Health
- Leader Surgical Center now AAAHC-accredited: 3 insights