An Overview of Federal Laws and Regulations Governing Ownership in and Reimbursement for ASCs
The establishment, marketing and operation of an ambulatory surgical center ("ASC") is subject to various federal and state laws. The laws concern the kickback, rebate or division of fees between physicians and non-physicians, the recept or offering of remuneration as an inducement to refer patients, false claims, and the manner in which prospective patients may be solicited.
To Read more, Download the low-resolution PDF
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- American College of Physicians names AmSurg's Dr. Robert Musselman a fellow; Nobilis names Kenneth Efird president & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 3 challenges ASC face in multidisciplinary antibiotic stewardship program implementation
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets