Administrator to Know: Rose Eickelberger of Beacon Orthopaedics Surgery Center
Rose Eickelberger (Beacon Orthopaedics Surgery Center, Sharonville, Ohio). Ms. Eickelberger is the director of surgical services at Summit Surgical Center and Beacon West Surgical Center, both part of Beacon Orthopaedics. The first surgery center opened in May 2003, and surgeons at the centers perform orthopedic, pain management and spine procedures. A second center was added in 2006, and currently, 12 surgeons practice at both centers. Each surgical center has two OR suites, procedure rooms and the capability of offering 23-hour stays.
Ms. Eickelberger began at Beacon in May 2006. Previously, she was the director of nursing at the Cincinnati (Ohio) Eye Institute for eight years, after having served as its assistant director for six years. She also has experience working in the intensive and coronary care units in a local hospital.
While at Beacon, Ms. Eickelberger has been involved in the development of the center's spine program and the opening of the second surgical center. She has also worked on cross-training staff for better utilization across the centers. This cross-training has allowed staff members to work better as a group. "One of my favorite things about the center is the teamwork that has developed among all the staff," she says.
To see the list of all 50 Administrators to Know, click here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years