Administrator to Know: Mary Ryan of Tri State Surgery Center
Mary Ryan, RN (Tri State Surgery Center, Dubuque, Iowa). Ms. Ryan is the administrator of Tri State Surgery Center, a multi-specialty facility with three operating rooms and two procedure rooms. TSSC performed over 5,000 cases in 2009. The specialties at the facility include ENT, gastroenterology, general surgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, plastic surgery, podiatry and urology. Currently managed by Health Inventures, the center was launched in 1998 by Medical Associates Clinics and Health Plans and Mercy Hospital.
Ms. Ryan began her career in nursing in 1986 and joined TSSC in 1998 as director of nursing. She then became the administrator in 2001. Mary has also served as regional director during her tenure with Health Inventures.
Ms. Ryan is a past AORN chapter president. In addition, she is a founding member and is currently serving her second term as president of the Iowa ASC Association. She is very involved with the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative Provider Advisory Council, is a consistent speaker at ASC Association conferences, and earned her MBA in Dec. 2008.
To see the list of all 50 Administrators to Know, click here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers