9 Big For-Profit Hospital Companies Announce $600M in Quarterly Earnings
Nine of the largest for-profit hospital operators reported quarterly earnings over the past month. Seven of the nine companies recorded second-quarter earnings for fiscal year 2013. Vanguard Health Systems posted fourth-quarter and year-end results for FY 2013, and IASIS Healthcare posted third-quarter financials for FY 2013.
In the quarter ended June 30, the big nine hospital companies recorded a cumulative profit of $600.6 million — a $73 million increase from the quarter ended March 31. They also posted more than $20.6 billion in quarterly revenue in the most recent quarter.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Roy Geronemus: Dr. Jessica J. Krant joins Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New YorkRead Now
- ASC accreditation leader to know: Dr. David Watts of AAAASF
- Johnson & Johnson seeks $7.2B in damages from Boston Scientific, AbbVie's HCV prescriptions up 55% & more –5 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Venture capitalists still excited about healthcare: 5 key notes on startups
- 7 of the top gainers in healthcare stocks
- Improving your leadership skills: 9 tips