9 Big For-Profit Hospital Companies Announce $600M in Quarterly Earnings
Nine of the largest for-profit hospital operators reported quarterly earnings over the past month. Seven of the nine companies recorded second-quarter earnings for fiscal year 2013. Vanguard Health Systems posted fourth-quarter and year-end results for FY 2013, and IASIS Healthcare posted third-quarter financials for FY 2013.
In the quarter ended June 30, the big nine hospital companies recorded a cumulative profit of $600.6 million — a $73 million increase from the quarter ended March 31. They also posted more than $20.6 billion in quarterly revenue in the most recent quarter.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital MeetingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers