74k Jobs Added in December, Healthcare Jobs Lost 6k
According to the most recent seasonally adjusted numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, though the nation added 74,000 jobs last month, hospitals and the healthcare industry as a whole did not fare as well.
Healthcare as an industry lost 6,000 jobs in December, and hospitals lost 2,400 jobs as well.
Employment gains in the healthcare industry averaged 17,000 a month last year — much lower than the average monthly gain of 27,000 in 2012.
More Articles on Healthcare Jobs:
Which Healthcare Jobs Have the Best Outlooks?
HHS Gives $55.5M to Boost the Healthcare Workforce
26 Healthcare Jobs Among 50 Projected Fastest-Growing
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
10 Facts & Figures on Eye Surgeon CompensationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers