7 Statistics on General Surgeon Compensation — 2014
Here are seven statistics on general surgeon compensation by practice setting according to the Medscape General Surgeon Compensation Report 2014.
According to the survey, general surgeon compensation in different practice settings is:
• Healthcare organization: $347,000
• Office-based multispecialty group practice: $335,000
• Office-based single-specialty group practice: $316,000
• Hospital: $287,000
• Office-based solo practice: $249,000
• Academic (nonhospital), research, military, government: $234,000
• Outpatient clinic: $145,000
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
4 Great Opportunities for Trimming the Fat at ASCs
30 ASCs Making the News in June
5 Solutions to Generate Improved ASC Cash Flow
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 3 thoughts on why orthopedic surgeon head of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph is a terrific leader
- Is $43 worth the wait?
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. David Forcione of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. H. Whitney Jennings joins Harbin Clinic: 4 quick facts
- ASA names DeLaine Schmitz Anesthesia Quality Institute executive: 4 things to know