65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Value-based modifiers: 33% of large physician groups face 2015 penaltiesRead Now
- 6 hospitals, health systems planning or opening ASCs – March 5, 2015
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Atilla Ertan of UT Health Science Center
- Acute liver failure due to prescription drug usage not likely, study finds
- Chicago start-up launches app that sends nurses straight to patients' homes
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday – March 5, 2015