65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Healthcare in War Zones: 10 Things to KnowRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why