65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
11 key considerations for physicians when choosing where to practiceRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career