65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory settingRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology