65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Rocheford Plastic Surgery receives reader's choice award: 4 things to knowRead Now
- Undocumented immigrants could receive Medi-Cal under proposed California healthcare law: 7 key points
- Zacks upgrades HealthSouth stock to "buy" — 5 things to know
- Dr. Nameer Haider to open NY ASC: 5 things to know
- NESS Plastic Surgery Center gets accreditation — 5 things to know
- Virginia Health Information publishes new quality measures: 4 things to know