65% of ASCs Are Single Specialty
According to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover, 65 percent of ambulatory surgery centers are single specialty.
The remaining 35 percent of ASCs perform multispecialty procedures. The top specialty is ophthalmology, which accounts for 30 percent of surgeries annually, followed by orthopedics at 15 percent.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
12 Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing FTEs
CMS Final Rule Adds 4 Procedures to ASC Approved List
ASC Administrator & Physician Champions: The Relationship Every Successful ASC Needs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know