5 Statistics on Small Business in the United States
Forbes recently released a list of statistics about small businesses in the United States.
Here are five statistics of interest to physician practice and surgery center owners:
1. 120 people (more than 50 percent of people) work at a small business.
2. Small businesses have generated more than 65 percent of net new jobs since 1995.
3. Around 70 percent of new employer firms survive at least two years.
4. Approximately 543,000 new businesses are started each month.
5. Total revenues from nonemployers hit $989.6 billion in 2011, up 4 percent from 2010.
More Articles on Practice Management:
2002 to 2013: 10 Statistics on Primary Care, Specialist Physician Compensation
6 Ways to Use Price Transparency for Patient Engagement Improvement
Medical Biller Salary: 4 Statistics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts