5 Statistics on Small Business in the United States
Forbes recently released a list of statistics about small businesses in the United States.
Here are five statistics of interest to physician practice and surgery center owners:
1. 120 people (more than 50 percent of people) work at a small business.
2. Small businesses have generated more than 65 percent of net new jobs since 1995.
3. Around 70 percent of new employer firms survive at least two years.
4. Approximately 543,000 new businesses are started each month.
5. Total revenues from nonemployers hit $989.6 billion in 2011, up 4 percent from 2010.
More Articles on Practice Management:
2002 to 2013: 10 Statistics on Primary Care, Specialist Physician Compensation
6 Ways to Use Price Transparency for Patient Engagement Improvement
Medical Biller Salary: 4 Statistics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Venture capitalists still excited about healthcare: 5 key notes on startupsRead Now
- Options Women's Clinic gets AAAHC accreditation
- $5B in medical office buildings sold in 2014 — And investors are ready for more
- AmSurg's Ben Flatt completes Young Leaders Council training
- Exceptional ASC nurse leaders: Key advice for finding & keeping them
- pCLE effective at diagnosing biliary cancer patients during ERCP, study says