5 Statistics About ASC Physician Transactions
Here are five statistics on ambulatory surgery center physician transactions from the HealthCare Appraisers 2013 ASC Valuation Survey.
• 82 percent of management company respondents prefer to purchase single-specialty ASCs with six to 15 physician owners.
• 65 percent of management company respondents prefer to purchase multispecialty ASCs with 11 to 20 physician owners.
• When selling minority interest to new physician investors, slightly over half of the respondents reported it took three to six months to consummate the sale.
• 53 percent of respondents say that when buying out an under-performing or retiring physician, they base redemption price on a predetermined formula.
• 29 percent of respondents obtain an independent fair market value appraisal to determine value when redeeming a retiring or under-performing physician.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Bringing Non-Profit Work to the ASC: Q&A With Dr. Sheryl Lewin of K & B Surgical Center
ASC & Hospital Partnerships: Weighing the Pros & Cons
Build an Effective ASC Physician Recruitment Strategy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Customized Implants & Outpatient Knee Surgery: Q&A With Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Joseph Burkhardt
- Is There Room for New ASCs in 2014?
- Top 5 Drivers of NP & PA Dissatisfaction
- 10 Tips for Effective Communication With Employees
- Westchester Medical Center Names Dr. Nitin Sekhri Medical Director of Pain Management