5 Statistics About ASC Physician Transactions
Here are five statistics on ambulatory surgery center physician transactions from the HealthCare Appraisers 2013 ASC Valuation Survey.
• 82 percent of management company respondents prefer to purchase single-specialty ASCs with six to 15 physician owners.
• 65 percent of management company respondents prefer to purchase multispecialty ASCs with 11 to 20 physician owners.
• When selling minority interest to new physician investors, slightly over half of the respondents reported it took three to six months to consummate the sale.
• 53 percent of respondents say that when buying out an under-performing or retiring physician, they base redemption price on a predetermined formula.
• 29 percent of respondents obtain an independent fair market value appraisal to determine value when redeeming a retiring or under-performing physician.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Bringing Non-Profit Work to the ASC: Q&A With Dr. Sheryl Lewin of K & B Surgical Center
ASC & Hospital Partnerships: Weighing the Pros & Cons
Build an Effective ASC Physician Recruitment Strategy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need OneRead Now
- Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for Nurses
- Study: Dopamine-Producing Brain Region Helps Restore Consciousness After General Anesthesia
- AAAHC: 4 Tips for Building an Infection Control Program
- 6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround Success
- 8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know