5 Physician Specialties With the Greatest Salary Gains in 2012Although some hospitals and other healthcare organizations scaled back overall physician recruiting efforts during the recession and now slow economic recovery, there are several high-demand specialties that attracted higher average income offers last year, according to the Merritt Hawkins "2012 Review of Physician Recruiting Incentives."
Merritt Hawkins' most recent report covers the salaries, bonuses and other incentives usually used to recruit physicians. Here are the five specialties that showed the greatest salary gains year-over-year. (Note: Salary figures represent the average income offer.)
Difference: 15 percent
Difference: 11 percent
Difference: 10 percent
Difference: 9 percent
Difference: 6 percent
More Articles on Physician Compensation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 8 Trends Shaping the Present & Future of Gastroenterology
- 8 Ideas on Public Relations Programs for ASCs Without Large Marketing Budgets From Central Maine Orthopaedics
- Perceived Value and Longevity for Surgical Specialties and CONs
- Job Opening: Director, Revenue Management at Surgical Care Affiliates
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs