5 Physician Compensation Statistics for 6 Top ASC Specialties
Here are fives statistics on physician compensation for five top ambulatory surgery center specialties from the Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014:
1. Orthopedic surgeons received average annual compensation of $413,000.
2. Urologists and gastroenterologists received an average of $348,000.
3. Anesthesiologists received an average of $338,000.
4. General surgeons received an average of $295,000.
5. Ophthalmologists received an average of $291,000.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers
OIG Report: ASCs Save Medicare, Beneficiaries Billions
How to Find Elusive Efficiencies in ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Tips to Prevent Physician BurnoutRead Now
- 6 Recent GI Field Partnerships
- Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for Nurses
- Study: Dopamine-Producing Brain Region Helps Restore Consciousness After General Anesthesia
- AAAHC: 4 Tips for Building an Infection Control Program
- 6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround Success