11 Things to Know About Becker's Hospital Review 5th Annual Meeting
Here is a summary of important updates from Becker's Hospital Review 5th Annual Meeting.
1. Television news journalist Forrest Sawyer will moderate panels with several of the highest profile, smartest healthcare leaders in the country. His panelists include:
-Dean Harrison, President and Chief Executive Officer, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
-Sharon O’Keefe, President of University, Chicago Medical Center
-Richard Rothberger, Executive Vice President/Chief Finance Officer, Scripps Health
-Barry Arbuckle, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer, MemorialCare Health System
-Ora Pescovitz, Chief Executive Officer of University, Michigan Health System
-Teri Fontenot, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Women's Hospital
-Stephen L. Mansfield, PhD, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Methodist Health System
-Ruth W. Brinkley, FACHE, Chief Executive Officer, KentuckyOne Health
-John Bardis, Founder, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, MedAssets; Founder of Hire Heroes USA, MedAssets
-Laura Kaiser, FACHE, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
2. Scott Becker, Publisher, Becker's Hospital Review, Chuck Lauer, Author, Consultant and Former Publisher of Modern Healthcare, and Lindsey Dunn, Editor In Chief, Becker's Hospital Review will also moderate panels with some of the best minds in the country. Their panelists include:
-Steven I. Goldstein, President and Chief Executive Officer, Strong Memorial Hospital
-Tom Mallon, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Regent Surgical Health
-Jonathan T. Bailey, Vice President, Mission Health
-Imran Andrabi, MD, Senior Vice President and Chief Physician Executive Officer, Mercy Health Partners
-Larry J. Shroeder, FACHE, Chief Executive Officer, Sauk Prarie Memorial & Clinics
-Paul Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, Ozark Community Hospital
-Mike Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, Community Hospital Corporation
-Aaron Murski, Partner, VMG Health
-Scott Sarran, MD, MM, Chief Medical Officer, Government Programs, Health Care Service Corporation
-Michael Dewerff, Chief Financial Officer, UnityPoint Health,
-Paula Stillman, MD, MBA, Healthcare Consultant - Population Health and Care Management
-Michael Englehart, President, Advocate Physician Partners
-Pamela Stoyanoff, MBA, CPA, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Methodist Health System
-Anthony Armada, Chief Executive Officer, Swedish Health Services
-Chris Jones, Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Catholic Health Initiatives
-Patrick J. O'Hare, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Spectrum Health System
-David Nash, MD, MBA, Founding Dean, Jefferson School of Population Health
-Brett Hickman, Partner, US Deals Leader, Health Industries, PwC
-Javon Bea, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mercy Health System
-Andrew Hayek, President and Chief Executive Officer, Surgical Care Affiliates
-William Leaver, President and Chief Executive Officer, UnityPoint Health
-Diane Appleyard, President and Chief Executive Officer, Healthcare Institute
-Deborah A. Proctor, President and Chief Executive Officer, St. Joseph Health and Chairperson, Catholic Health Association
-Bill W. Douglas, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, Riverside Medical Center
-John Vazquez, MD, Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, Chief Medical Officer, Sinai Medical Group
-Daniel J. DeBehnke, MD, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Medical College Physicians; Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Medical College of Wisconsin
-Bryan Becker, MD, MMM, FACP, FNKF, Chief Executive Officer, University of Illinois Hospital
-Eric S. Williams, MD, Executive Vice President, Academic Affairs, Director Cardiovascular Service Line, Indiana University Health
3. Major League Baseball legend Joe Torre will deliver a keynote speech titled "Setbacks and Success."
4. Cleveland Clinic President Dr. Delos "Toby" Cosgrove will present a keynote titled "Key Ideas for Combining Outstanding Quality and Financial Sustainability over the Next Few Years." Read about or order his book, The Cleveland Clinic Way, here.
5. MemorialCare Health System President and CEO Dr. Barry Arbuckle will deliver a keynote talk titled "Strategic Planning and Execution."
6. David Nash, MD, MBA, Founding Dean, Jefferson School of Population Health, will present a keynote session called "Population Health: Is it the Secret Sauce?"
7. Becker's Hospital Review Meeting will include over 100 sessions and more than 190 leading healthcare speakers, including more than 100 leading executives from America's best healthcare systems. Many of these experts can be found in the following lists:
100 Great Hospitals In America
Becker's 2014 Leadership Awards
Becker's 2013 Leadership Awards
8. Presentations at the meeting will focus on the following key topics in healthcare:
Track A - Strategy, CEO, and ACO Issues
Track B - Financial and CFO Issues
Track C - Physician Hospital Alignment
Track D - Patient Safety and Quality Issues
Track E - Health Information Technology Issues
Track F - ACOs, Population Health, Affiliation and Other Issues
Track G - Thought Leaders
9. There are almost no exhibit nor sponsorship spots remaining. Less than 30 registration spots remain. All event registration for the Hospital Meeting will end May 1st.
10. 1000 plus attendees are expected at Becker's Hospital Meeting this year. This event has more than doubled in size since 2012. The Annual Meeting will take place in Chicago from May 15-17th at the Swissotel.
11. There are four simple ways to register for Becker's Hospital Review 5th Annual Meeting:
By Phone: Call (800) 417-2035
By Fax: Fax registration form with credit card information to (866) 678-5755. Find the form on the last page of the brochure here.
By Mail: For mail in registrations, please send completed form and payment to:
ASC Communications, Inc.,
315 Vernon Avenue
Glencoe, IL 60022
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review