11 States Where Freestanding Surgery Centers Have Fewest Operating Rooms
According to an article published in LexisNexis, average freestanding ambulatory surgery centers have 4.62 Medicare-approved operating rooms per 100,000 population.
According to the report, the states with the lowest number of operating rooms in freestanding ASCs per 100,000 population (zero to three ORs):
1. Washington, D.C.
7. New Mexico
8. New York
11. West Virginia
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How to Take Control of ASC A/R Days: Q&A With Jessica Nantz
Fremont Medical Center to Complete Acquisition of Fremont Surgical Center
Peak One Surgery Center: Creating a Community Care Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From AmendiaRead Now
- Dotty Bollinger of Laser Spine Institute to Present at Becker's June Conference
- 5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From Amendia
- 7 Things to Know About Collect Rx
- Guy A. Medaglia, Cynthia Moore-Hardy, and Sharon O'Keefe to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 15 CPT & Coding Issues for Orthopedics & Spine