11 States Where Freestanding Surgery Centers Have Fewest Operating Rooms
According to an article published in LexisNexis, average freestanding ambulatory surgery centers have 4.62 Medicare-approved operating rooms per 100,000 population.
According to the report, the states with the lowest number of operating rooms in freestanding ASCs per 100,000 population (zero to three ORs):
1. Washington, D.C.
7. New Mexico
8. New York
11. West Virginia
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How to Take Control of ASC A/R Days: Q&A With Jessica Nantz
Fremont Medical Center to Complete Acquisition of Fremont Surgical Center
Peak One Surgery Center: Creating a Community Care Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies