11 States Where Freestanding Surgery Centers Have Fewest Operating Rooms
According to an article published in LexisNexis, average freestanding ambulatory surgery centers have 4.62 Medicare-approved operating rooms per 100,000 population.
According to the report, the states with the lowest number of operating rooms in freestanding ASCs per 100,000 population (zero to three ORs):
1. Washington, D.C.
7. New Mexico
8. New York
11. West Virginia
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How to Take Control of ASC A/R Days: Q&A With Jessica Nantz
Fremont Medical Center to Complete Acquisition of Fremont Surgical Center
Peak One Surgery Center: Creating a Community Care Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Pain Management Implications in the ASC SettingRead Now
- Mary Beth Briscoe, Michael Dewerff, and Ben Dunford to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- Colonoscopies in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Saving Lives Through Increased Screening and Advances in Technology
- "Running an Effective In-House Business Office"
- Pain Management Implications in the ASC Setting
- 5 Exciting Presentations at Becker's Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference