10 Things to Know About Becker's 12th Annual Spine, Orthopedic, and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine
Here is a summary of important updates from Becker's 12th Annual Spine, Orthopedic, and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine.
1. Howard Dean, Physician, and Former Six-Term Governor of Vermont and Former Chairman of the Democratic National Committee will debate John Bolton, Former Ambassador to the United Nations, Lawyer, and Republican Diplomat, in a session called "The State of America and the State of Healthcare - 2014."
2. Scott Becker, Publisher, Becker's Healthcare, Laura Miller Editor in Chief, Becker's ASC Review and Becker's Spine Review, and Lindsey Dunn, Editor In Chief, Becker's Healthcare will moderate panels with influential physicians and healthcare leaders. Their panelists include:
-Michael Stroup, Senior Vice President of Acquisitions, United Surgical Partners International, Inc.
-Matt Searles, Managing Partner, Merritt Healthcare
-Stuart Neiberg, MAcc, CPA, CFA, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc.
-Christy Heald, Senior Vice President of Business Development, Surgery Partners
-Stephen H. Hochschuler, MD, Chairman, Texas Back Institute
-Anthony Yeung, MD, Founder, Desert Institute for Spine Care
-Choll W. Kim, MD, PhD, Spine Institute of San Diego, Minimally Invasive Center of Excellence
-Colin McDermott, CFA, CPA/ABV, Senior Manager, VMG Health
-R. Blake Curd, MD, Board of Directors Chairman, Surgical Management Professionals
-Amber McGraw Walsh, JD, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
-John Caruso, MD, FACS, Neurosurgeon, Parkway Surgery Center
-Richard Wohns, M.D., Founder, President & Board Certified Neurosurgeon, NeoSpine,
-Kenny Hancock, President and Chief Development Officer, Meridian Surgical Partners
-Kevin T. Foley, MD, Neurosurgeon, Semmes Murphey
-Richard Kube, MD, Chief Executive Officer, Founder & Owner, Prairie Spine & Pain Institute
-Kiran Chekka, MD, Premier Pain Specialists
-Hallett Mathews, MD, MBA, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Paradigm Spine, LLC
-Barry Tanner, Chief Executive Officer, Physicians Endoscopy
-John Peloza, MD, Director, Center for Spine Care
-Nap Gary, Chief Operating Officer, Regent Surgical Health
-Louis F. McIntyre, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, Westchester Orthopedic Associates
- William M. Prentice, Chief Executive Officer, Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
-Michael J. McCaslin, CPA, Principal, Health Care Team, Somerset CPAs
-Michael Redler, MD, Founder, The OSM Center
- Matt Pate, Senior Vice President, United Surgical Partners International
-Nameer R. Haider, MD, Spine & Skeletal Pain Medicine
3. Basketball Hall-of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will present a keynote session titled "The Making of an NBA and Living Legend."
4. PGA Director of Instruction Louis Sauer will explain how principles of golf can be applied to ASCs in a discussion called "The Best Ideas to Reduce Your Handicap This Summer."
5. Dr. Richard Wohns, Founder and President Board-Certified Neurosurgeon of NeoSpine, will look to the future in the session "Outpatient Spine Surgery - The Next Five Years."
6. Goran Dragolovic, Senor Vice President of Operations at Surgical Care Affiliates, will examine "The Changing ASC Landscape."
7. Becker's June Meeting will include over 130 sessions and more than 160 leading healthcare speakers, including top physicians and CEOs.
8. Presentations at the meeting will focus on the following key topics in healthcare:
Track A - ASCs - Keynotes and Improving Profits
Track B - ASCs - Business and Profitability Issues; Managed Care Contracting
Track C - ASCs - Quality, Infection Control, Accreditation, Management
Track D - Spine
Track E - Spine
Track F - Spine, Pain, and Orthopedics
Track G - Medical Devices, Orthopedics and Pain Management
9. 700 plus attendees are expected at Becker's 12th Annual Spine, Orthopedic, and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference. The event will take place June 12-14th at Chicago's Westin Michigan Avenue.
10. There are four simple ways to register for Becker's 12th Annual Spine, Orthopedic, and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference. Early registration will conclude May 1st.
By Phone: Call (800) 417-2035
By Fax: Fax registration form with credit card information to (866) 678-5755. Find the form on the last page of the brochure: http://beckershealthcare.uberflip.com/i/206217
By Mail: For mail in registrations, please send completed form (http://beckershealthcare.uberflip.com/i/206217) and payment to:
ASC Communications, Inc.,
315 Vernon Avenue
Glencoe, IL 60022
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Tips to Prevent Physician BurnoutRead Now
- 20 Statistics on ASC vs. HOPD Medicare Patient Characteristics
- Transaction Tip of the Day: When is the Right Time to Sell?
- Drs. Harjit Bhogal, Arushi deFonseka Join Capital Digestive Care
- Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates Partner With Baptist Health System
- University of Louisville Names Dr. Craig McClain Associate VP of Health Affairs